Old Central Fire Station Redevelopment, Birmingham
NWP successfully hand over 487 student beds
All work at the Old Central Fire Station is now complete. NWP were responsible for all mechanical & electrical services at the redevelopment.
The completed project is now home to 487 student bedrooms, office accommodation, social lounges & launderettes.
Working alongside main contractors Watkin Jones, NWP successfully completed all services installation, testing & commissioning in time for the August hand over ready for the start of the new academic year.
Originally opened in 1936 the West Midlands Fire Service was based in the Central Fire Station until 2007 when they moved to new premises. The station then remained derelict until late 2013 when the entire site was redeveloped, including 7 studios located in the old drill tower and a new 6 storey building within the courtyard.